Makes 4 sandwiches
2 tablespoons butter
8 slices rye bread
16 slices deli corned beef
8 slices deli Swiss cheese
1 cup sauerkraut, drained and warmed through
½ cup Thousand Island dressing (good quality)
• Pre-heat griddle or large skillet on medium heat.
• Butter bread slices, one side only
• Spread Thousand Island dressing on the sides of the bread that are not buttered.
• Lay four slices of the bread into the pre-heated skillet, butter side down.
• Layer one slice of cheese, 4 slices of corned beef, ¼ cup sauerkraut, and another slice of Swiss cheese (in this order). Top each sandwich with a slice of the prepared bread, butter side up.
• When the bottom piece of bread is browned, flip the sandwiches over and brown on the other side. Watch them closely so they don’t burn.
• Serve hot.
These sandwiches were awesome! And so easy to make. I also made the Bailey’s cookies. We had guests at our house on Sunday and everyone brought a dish. But the hands down favorite was this Reuben sandwich. Thanks for the recipes.