dream whip cake recipes
a couple of years ago i made a really good 4th of july cake. i had gotten it off of the dream whip box. i want to make it again except i don’t have a recipe and i don’t know what it is called. but i do remember it was a cake and it was decorated with fruit to make it look like the the flag. it had strawberries and blue berries. if you know a place i can get this recipe that would be awesome thank you so much!!!
Dream Whip Cake Recipe
Hi Sandy! There is only one recipe on the entire web for a flag cake where you bake your own cake and use Dream Whip, so I’m crossing my fingers that this is the one you were looking for. If not, maybe you could use it instead.
Do you remember whether you bought a cake (like the other recipe here) or whether you used a boxed cake mix? Anyway, here’s the recipe using a boxed cake mix:
American Flag Cake
Makes 12 servings
1 BOX (8 1/2 oz.) white cake mix
1 envelope Dream Whip whipped topping mix, dry
1/2 tsp baking powder 1 c cold water, cold
1/2 c egg whites
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 ozs strawberry gelatin powder
1/2 c boiling water 3 ozs fat-free vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 c skim milk
1 1/2 envelop Dream Whip whipped topping mix, prepared (3 cups)
1 1/2 c fresh strawberries, sliced
1 c fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
1/2 c miniature marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Prepare a 13 x 9" pan with cooking spray and flour; set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, dry whipped topping mix, and baking powder.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine water, egg whites, oil, and vanilla extract.
5. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack over sheet of waxed paper.
8. Poke cake using fork at one inch intervals.
9. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; slowly drizzle over cake to allow gelatin to seep into holes.
10. Chill one hour.
11. Prepare pudding according to package directions using one and half cups milk; fold in one cup prepared topping and half cup blueberries.
12. Split cake horizontally in half.
13. Fill with pudding mixture. Spread remaining prepared topping over top and sides of cake.
14. Arrange strawberries and remaining blueberries on cake to resemble a flag; place marshmallows around edge.
Good luck, and have a great 4th of July!