Whether you are coming to Indianapolis for the Superbowl or are planning a trip, the city has a lot to offer. Home to the famous Indy 500 and the NCAA Headquarters, Indianapolis is also known for its food. You will find almost any chain restaurant you can imagine in addition to several local restaurants. Here are the top 5 restaurants my team suggests you visit during your trip to Indianapolis:
1. Bazbeaux If you want amazing pizza, you need to try Bazbeaux pizza. Located right in Broadripple Village, they load their pizza with tons of cheese which makes for a gooey delight. If you like pizza, you have to try Bazebaux! I highly suggest trying their garlic bread for an appetizer as well.
2. Scotty’s Brewhouse There are 3 locations around Indianapolis and they only use ingredients from local vendors in the state of Indiana. They have great pup food and a huge selection of beers. I highly recommend getting their burgers on their pretzel bun; you won’t regret it!
3. St. Elmo’s Steakhouse Steak lovers rejoice, there are several great steakhouses in Indianapolis. While Weber Grill and Ruth’s Chris won’t disappoint, I think St. Elmo’s is the best. I’ve never had a steak from them that wasn’t anything but amazing. Be aware that it is a bit pricey at around $40-$50 for a steak.
4. Oceanaire If you enjoy seafood, you have to try out the Oceanaire. They have a great selection of dishes and amazing crab cakes. It’s important to save room for dessert; they have an amazing key lime pie. The slices are large enough for 2-3 people to share.
5. Chatham Tap Located right on Mass Ave, this isn’t your ordinary sports bar! It’s the perfect restaurant for any soccer fanatics! Their food is also amazing; I’m yet to leave their restaurant disappointed!