Oysters Kilpatrick Recipe
This is a classic Australian dish that I love. Always make sure your oysters are fresh!24 fresh oysters, in their shells
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoon butter (only butter – no substitues allowed
4 slices bacon, fat removed, finely diced
sea salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
4 green oinions chopped
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat the broiler to the highest temperature possible.
2. Arrange the oysters in a large, ovenproof, shallow dish on a bed of rock salt.
3. Combine the Worcestershire sauce and butter in a small saucepan and heat the butter until it melts and the mixture begins to bubble around the edges of the saucepan. Remove from the heat.
4. Spoon a little of the Worcestershire sauce and butter mixture over each oyster, and top evenly with the diced bacon and chopped green onions. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
5. Cook under a preheated broiler for 3-4 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp.
6. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
I hope that you enjoy this. I would love some feedback.