Cheesy Spinach Lasagna
1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
2 Cups shredded provolone cheese
½ Cup creamed cottage cheese
1 Dash garlic powder
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms (if desired)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
• Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
• Cook spinach according to directions on package. Drain well.
• In a bowl beat the cream cheese on medium speed with an electric mixer. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Stir in provolone cheese, cottage cheese and garlic powder.
• Add mushrooms to mixture if desired.
• Layer half of lasagna noodles in a greased baking dish. Spread with half of cheese mixture and half of the spinach.
• Top with remaining lasagna noodles, spinach and cheese.
• Cover and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
A nice touch to the serving dish is a couple sprigs of fresh herbs. Basil works well.